History of Astronomy
In our pages and in our videos, we will consider six different historical periods:
- < 476 — Antiquity, from the apparition of writing to the fall of the Western Roman Empire;
- 476–1492 — Middle Ages, from the fall of the Western Roman Empire to the “discovery” of America;
- 1492–1609 — Renaissance, from the “discovery” of America to Galileo;
- 1610–1789 — From Galileo to Herschel;
- 1789–1930 — The Birth of Astrophysics;
- > 1930 — The Golden Age of Cosmology.
A link will be posted to each time period after the broadcast of each episode of Astronomy-Québec Live On Facebook, each Monday evening from 7:15 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., Montreal time, on Astronomy-Quebec’s Facebook page.
© 2017 Astronomy-Quebec and Pierre Paquette · All Rights Reserved